Monday, January 4, 2016

Blog 12: Holiday Project Update

My main activity during winter break.


1.    It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you do over the break with your senior project?

-      -  I’m going to be honest; I haven’t been very productive over break. The few things I did get done though are a personal tally of how many hours I have spent on my first independent component and also a sort of mental picture of what I want my second independent component to be about.

2.    What was the most important thing you learned from what you did, and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

-      -  As I said before, I thought about what I was going to do for my second independent component (I want to do a complete reconstruction of a dinosaur of my choosing). My main issue is thinking of what materials that I will use that will both be sturdy and cheap. It occurred to me to look up what museums use to connect the bones so I looked it up and found this FAQ (my source) and as it turns out they use steel rods to connect individual bones. From this, I learned that whatever I do I’m going to need strong but malleable wire, which is important because the frame work of my dinosaur needs to be able to bear the weight of what I do on top of it and not bend the frame inward.

3.  Your third interview will be a 10 question interview related to possible answers for your EQ. Who do you plan to talk to and why?


-      -  For my third interview, I’m planning on talking to Gabriel Santos, museum collections manager of the Raymond M Alf Museum, because he is currently studying a type of ocean hippo which means that interviewing him would allow me to probe his studies and to find out what type of analyses push his research along more.

No comments:

Post a Comment