Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Third Interview Preparation

One thing I hope to get out of my interview is some more information on how a paleontologist can faithfully reconstruct a process such as the one above.

1.  Who do you plan to interview?  What is this person's area of expertise?

- I plan on interviewing Dr. Stuart S. Sumida. Dr. Sumida is an expert in the study of Late Paleozoic Tetrapods and comparative vertebrate anatomy.

2.  Verify that you have called your interviewee to schedule an interview.  What is the date and time of the interview? 

- I have contacted Dr. Sumida through e-mail and am waiting for a response. I do know from my mentor that Dr. Sumida is either still in Chicago or coming back from there, so I will give him a week to reply before I send another message.

3.  Phrase an open-ended question that will help you find research resources that would help to answer the EQ.

- In your opinion, what resources would best help me to find answers for how a paleontologist can best reconstruct the life of a prehistoric creature?

4.  Phrase an open-ended question that will help you think about other useful activities you might do to help you answer the EQ (IC2, possible experts to talk to, etc).

- If I wanted to explore the life of a prehistoric creature, what sort of activity can provide me with the most useful information?

5.  Phrase two open-ended questions that help you to understand your interviewee's perspective on an aspect of your EQ. 


- How important is it to look at the context in which a paleontologist finds a fossil? In your experience, has this context ever helped you determine a possible reconstruction of a prehistoric creature?

No comments:

Post a Comment