Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blog 11: Lesson 1 Reflection

This was my exact sentiment before this presentation. I probably would've been more confident if I just practiced some more.


1. What are you most proud of in your lesson, and why?

- I am very proud of my lesson props because I spent a lot of time collecting the gems from Trona and to make the brochure for each pair of people and when I looked at the faces of the audience when I presented them with these props it was a really great feeling. Also, I loved how well the audience responded to the fossil examples that I showed.

2. What assessment would you give yourself on your lesson? Explain why you earned that grade using evidence from the component contract.


- I would give myself a P+. I know that I didn't get all the information I had on my lesson plan within the 10 minute time constraint and I didn't handle the technical difficulties I had with the Mac on the lectern very well, so I realize that these flaws would decrease my grade. However, I want to point out that I put in a lot of time to create and print out the brochures that I handed out and also I was trying to be very thorough with my information and I think it was because of this that I went over the time limit. Another way I went above and beyond was the multitude of props that I brought for demonstration. I used some of the crystals that I found in Trona and I also talked about two fossils that I had. Additionally, I feel that I had a really effective hook because my closing to it was making some people nod their heads, and so that indicates that I had their attention. 

3. If you could go back, what would you change about your lesson?  How can you use that knowledge to give a better Lesson 2?


- I would've spent less time trying to resolve the technical issues I had with the Mac and I would've adjusted my lesson to be shorter. What this tells me about my lesson two is that I need to practice significantly more for the presentation and while doing that I need to time myself so I can practice getting my message across within the given time. Also, next time I'm going to take some time to see how to operate Microsoft Power Point, so that next time I don't have issues with getting my slide show presentation to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment