Monday, September 21, 2015

Blog 6 - Advisory Prep

This is one very wise and cute turtle.
1. What has worked well for you concerning senior project this year?  What has made it a positive experience for you?  

- So far, what has worked well for me as far as the senior project goes is my mentorship because my mentor is an extremely nice person and we both contact each other ahead of time to set up days for me to go to the San Bernardino County Museum. Also, the fact that my mentor takes time out of his work to show me really cool fossils, like the brown fragment of a Timber wolf femur that he published an article about (its one of my sources), always reminds of how awesome my topic is.

Displaying photo.JPG
The fossil I talked about is the one in the center. As one can see, the interesting thing about it is the fact that its quite obvious that it was the result of an injury, yet the animal it belonged lived long enough for the bone to heal which is suggested by its roughness. Cool right!
2. What are you finding difficult concerning senior project?  How can you adapt to make that portion work better for you?  How might the senior team help?

- The really difficult part of senior project for me so far is coming up with an idea of what I can do for my first independent component, because I've looked for any possible classes I can take and I've found absolutely nothing so I can perhaps talk a lot more with my mentor about this so he could help me brainstorm ideas. On this point, it would be very helpful if the senior team could perhaps give examples of what past seniors have done, explain it to me, or even help me brainstorm ideas.







No comments:

Post a Comment