Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Blog 5 - Interview 1 Reflection

Chris Pratt is amazing. That must have been a hilarious interview.

1. What is the most important thing I learned from the interview?  Is there anything I would do differently for other interviews?

- The most important thing that I learned in this interview is that I need to work on my skills as an interviewer, so that next time I can engage my interviewee a lot more than I did during this interview.


2. Did I get additional resources and contacts?  What is the most useful?  Why?

- My interviewee, Dr. Scott, didn't give me multiple contacts, but he did tell me that he could put me in touch with a Biology professor at CSU San Bernardino called Stuart Sumida. Dr. Scott also told me that I should look into the works of two paleoartists called Greg Paul and Mark Hallet for possible sources of information. I think that contact with Dr. Sumida would be more useful to my project, because I was told by Dr. Scott that he could give me a lot of information about restoring prehistoric animals, which is an area I'm leaning towards for my project, or he could put me in touch with paleoartists who could show me how they use fossil evidence to portray extinct creatures as they do.


3. What makes my interviewee qualified to help me? 

- Dr. Scott is qualified to help me because he's spent around 24 years working as a Curator of Paleontology for the San Bernardino County Museum, which means that he most definitely has a lot of connections with other paleontologists. Also, Dr. Scott has made significant finds during his career as a paleontologist, which makes him a great source of information about paleontology in general, and he's known around the country for his work with prehistoric horses (he's even been invited to Africa to look at a huge deposit of horse fossils). 

Interview Audio Recording

No comments:

Post a Comment