Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Blog 4 - House Advisory Prep 1

Image result for "trex" and "advice"
Good ole Tyrannosaurus Rex providing you with some hilarious advice.
Write a short explanation of what you are hoping to accomplish through your senior project topic.

- As a little boy, I was in love with dinosaurs and I could never fully satisfy my curiosity about them. Later on, I learned that Paleontologists study dinosaurs and some time after that, I learned that the word Paleontology (the field of science a Paleontologist works in) meant "the study of ancient life," so obviously that meant that dinosaurs weren't they only creatures studied. Consequently, my goal now for my senior project is to deepen my understanding of Paleontology as a field through my experience with it. In addition, I remember my mentor, Dr. Eric Scott, once telling me over the summer that at one point of his experience as a volunteer at the La Brea Tar Pits, he decided that since none of the experts at the Tar Pits were specialized in ancient horses that he would specialize in horses. In short, I want to begin to uncover what exact aspect of the Paleontology of dinosaurs that I may want to specialize in someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment