Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lesson 2 Reflection

I think I will have other events later in life that will merit more nervousness than this presentation.
1.What are you most proud of in your Lesson 2 Presentation and why?

- I’m very proud of the fact that two table groups actually got the correct answer for my activity, because I knew walking in to the presentation that my activity was most likely going to be too complicated to the class so I wasn’t expecting anyone to get the right answer in the allotted amount of time.

2. a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?

       AE       P          AP       CR       NC

     b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.

- My lesson 2 deserves an AE because I went above and beyond in the preparation of my activity. Also, I provided interesting and relevant props to both my answer one and EQ in the crystals that were passed around class and the fossils of ancient creatures. Additionally, people liked my brochure because it gave them quite a bit of background information on my topic that taught them more information in addition to what they learned from my presentation.

3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?

- I really liked how people responded to their receiving of candy during my activity and I also really liked how well people responded to the content on the slide in my presentation about a study conducted by my mentor on a poor three-legged Timber Wolf.

4. What didn't work? If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?

- For one, I think I had too much content in my slide show so I would’ve eliminated one of the scientific studies that I cited. Furthermore, I would’ve come up with a much simpler activity that would still be very informational for the audience.

5. What do you think your answer #2 is going to be?


- I have already formed an idea for my answer 2 and that is physical analysis of a fossil can reveal a lot about a prehistoric creature’s appearance and life. This can also be seen in the same study by my mentor that I cited during my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment